Monday, February 7, 2011

A Taste of Spring



Today was absolutely gorgeous--warm(ish), blue sky, sun radiating. I knew I had to soak in some rays while the sun graced us with its presence! After doing some grocery shopping and some reading, I went on a two hour walk with two destinations--the French National Library and the Jardin des Plants.



The BNF (Biblioteque Nationale de France) was super modern, huge, and very confusing. There are a bunch of different building, above and below ground, which housed everything from the actually library to a movie theater. I've been told it is a great place to study, but in the short time I was there I definitely didn't figure out where to go haha. Next time when I have study material with me I'll have to put in more effort to figure it out :)

BNF was semi-on the way to my more desired destination of one of the many, many gardens in Paris I have yet to discover. It was really a beautiful park, but I know it will be amazing in the spring. As the name Jardin des Plants suggests, it literally has huge garden space where all different types of lovelyness are grown. Still being the beginning of February, like every other park in Paris, it was not yet in bloom.



HOWEVER, there were tons of people out in the gardens planting--definitely made me excited for the months to come!



I definitely opted to take the metro back to my apartment after the excursion haha. I then spent a good while catching up on the superbowl commercials I missed yesterday and after have continued doing a bit of work for classes. I have the day off again tomorrow, so I may leave the rest of my work for then and treat myself to some tea and a movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment