Friday, January 14, 2011

Orientation Day 1 and Notre Dame

After waking up at 11 and finishing yesterday's blog post, I didn't have much time before taking off to orientation. The UC Center is in the Bastille area which has the largest Paris Opera house. Orientation was fine, most of the discussion was about housing, transportation, and other things I have already pretty much figured out since I got here a few days early.

Afterward, myself and five other girls from UC Berkeley went walking to find some food. I had only had breakfast, so by the time orientation got finished at four, I was pretty hungry. However, not knowing Paris that well makes it rather hard to choose a place to eat. We ended up stumbling upon the Seine and decided to make our way toward Notre Dame.





These are love locks. All along the Seine there are bridges with gates where people lock locks with the names of those they love. Such a beautiful and random practice :)

Notre Dame was, of course, gorgeous, inside and out. I will get more/better pictures another time. I'm planning on attending a mass on Sunday so I can experience it fully :)







After, we finally just walked into one of the endless restaurants, which ended up being pretty good. I got a Crouque Madame (basically cheese, bread, ham, more cheese, an egg on top, and more cheese). It was really good, but unfortunately I was too hungry to remember to take a picture. We stayed at the restaurant for a good 2.5 hours getting to know each other better. I'm not close with anyone who is here from Berkeley, but I have definitely met/had classes with a few before.

Just got home and I think I'm taking it easy for the rest of the night, but I'm excited for more Paris exploration this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment